A MEDICAL CLIENT
Our client operates a range of multi-disciplinary acute care private hospitals in South Africa and Namibia and focuses on providing value to patients through safe, quality care in a patient-friendly environment. As of 1 March 2021, their operations included 51 hospitals, 8 sub-acute and specialised hospitals and 11 day case clinics across South Africa, and has more than 8,600 inpatient beds.
Our client has a large, complex spend across many locations.
- Gain insight and visibility across all services.
- Audit all existing PBX hardware and determine whether in use.
- Report on all expired contracts and optimise.
- Provide benchmark pricing and data points to the client to assist in negotiating new, more competitive rates.
- Review, propose and implement a fair and efficient cost recovery solution.
- Manage all Directory Listing contracts and setup authorised signatories.
- Manage all supplier disputes from validation to recovery of credits.
- Make recommendations based on findings.
- Provide expertise and resources to action repeatable and reliable business processes.
- Support a full voice technology transition (SIP migration).
Full visibility with automated monthly reports to all hospitals.
KEY FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
- Regular, minuted meetings ensured strategic/operational focus and accountability.
- Leveraging JOLT’s expertise and resources freed the client’s internal team.
- Baselining all client key metrics was fundamental to determining success and providing the mechanism for measurement.
- Regular price benchmarking was key to decreasing spend and fair rates.
- Real-time visibility of key metrics, savings initiatives, tickets and recovered credits kept the team on track.
- Call patterns were analysed and re-routed for the best effective rate.
- Hospitals were equipped with reporting tools and supported to drive down spend.
- Actionable data combined with JOLT’s reliable and repeatable business processes delivered savings on direct and indirect costs.
As of March 2021, we are pleased to release a 8-year, 3-month saving. This is direct savings derived from expense management, analytics, correcting invoice errors, credits, cancelling unused services and more. This does not account for time/salary savings.
“In an economy where costs are rising our customer spend trend-lines are all on downward trajectories.”